Inspiring Maths is Vanessa Brown…
I have been a part of mathematics education for over 30 years as a teacher, mathematics subject leader and Local Authority consultant.
As Inspiring Maths Education, I’m continuing my extensive 20+ year track record supporting primary and secondary schools to improve and develop the quality of teaching and learning with a specific focus on mathematics. This includes providing high quality, bespoke subject specific training, support, advice, consultancy and professional development across the country and internationally.
As an independent consultant, I wear a number of hats working for a variety of organisations.
- I am an accredited professional lead for the National Centre for the Excellence in Teaching Mathematics (NCETM).
- I am a work group lead for NCETM Maths Hubs across the Midlands: North Midlands (NM) and East Midlands West (EMW). These look at Mastery Readiness, Developing Teaching for Mastery, SKTM for TAs and ECTs in the primary phase, as well as Y5-8 continuity.
- As an associate lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University, I work with student teachers at the very start of their careers in teaching as both an academic mentor and lecturer.
- I am a School Development Lead for ARK Curriculum Mathematics Mastery programme visiting schools to support them in their mastery journey.
- I deliver mathematics training for Teachers’ Courses and Resources (TCR) in Staffordshire, offering a range of CPD opportunities both face to face and remotely which allows me to work with teachers both in this country and beyond.
I have a real passion for the teaching and learning of mathematics and have had a considerable involvement in teaching mathematics both as a teacher, subject leader and adviser over a long career. My enthusiasm for mathematics is infectious and I have vast experience of working with a variety of stakeholders in schools to guide and inspire the next generation of mathematicians.