I offer bespoke CPD to schools on the latest topics in the mathematics landscape including:
- What is mastery?
- A spotlight on CPA approaches
- Enhancing mathematical subject knowledge such as fractions and place value
- Going deeper for understanding in mathematics
- Reflecting on reasoning and problem solving
- Developing fluency in mathematics
- Re-engaging in the development of mental strategies in mathematics
- Focus on times tables and the MTC
I am an accredited lead for the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) with over 19 years of experience of delivering PD to schools and nearly 30 years in education.
I have a proven track record of working with schools to strengthen attainment, teaching and learning as well as leadership and management by way of the following activities:
- Auditing mathematical provision
- Support for monitoring and evaluation
- Support for teaching and learning including planning
- Work sampling
What do people say about Inspiring Maths Education?
Vanessa has worked with the staff as a whole through delivering continuous professional learning, with our Mathematics leader and with individual teachers to develop their practice. She is highly skilled, knowledgeable and professional; staff find her approachable and empathetic. As a result of her work with us, the quality of leadership in mathematics together with the quality of teaching have improved. We have already commissioned Vanessa for further support, a clear indication of the regard we have for her as a school.
HT – Tamworth
A great mix of practical and theoretical. Very useful to those new to teaching and/or those feeling less confident in mastery.
Subject leader – Uttoxeter
Delivered with passion and an empathy for those who may have struggled with fractions at school. Fantastic!
teacher – Stafford