I offer bespoke CPD to schools on the latest topics in the mathematics landscape including:
- What is mastery?
- A spotlight on CPA approaches
- Enhancing mathematical subject knowledge such as fractions and place value
- Going deeper for understanding in mathematics
- Reflecting on reasoning and problem solving
- Developing fluency in mathematics
- Re-engaging in the development of mental strategies in mathematics
- Focus on times tables and the MTC
I am an accredited lead for the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) with 20 years of experience of delivering PD to schools.
I have a proven track record of working with schools to strengthen attainment, teaching and learning as well as leadership and management by way of the following activities:
- Auditing mathematical provision
- Support for monitoring and evaluation
- Support for teaching and learning including planning
- Work sampling
What do people say about Inspiring Maths Education?
Vanessa has worked with the staff as a whole through delivering continuous professional learning, with our Mathematics leader and with individual teachers to develop their practice. She is highly skilled, knowledgeable and professional; staff find her approachable and empathetic. As a result of her work with us, the quality of leadership in mathematics together with the quality of teaching have improved. We have already commissioned Vanessa for further support, a clear indication of the regard we have for her as a school.
HT – Tamworth
A great mix of practical and theoretical. Very useful to those new to teaching and/or those feeling less confident in mastery.
Subject leader – Uttoxeter
Delivered with passion and an empathy for those who may have struggled with fractions at school. Fantastic!
teacher – Stafford